New Zealand Association of Counsellors conference
Tihei Mauri Ora
Wellington 28-29 July 2022 Hybrid conference:
Virtual and in person event
“Tihei Mauri Ora
Listen up! Life forces are alive!”
Mauri is the force that interpenetrates all things to bind and knit them together and as diverse elements, mauri acts as the bonding element creating energy.
Mauri ora means life force alive and it gives us our get up and go. Mauri works hand in hand with tapu and mana principles of justice, respect, truth, honesty and love, that seeks to enhance ongoing wellbeing of relationships that exist between humans and the entire universe and her environment.
We have proven that mauri ora is present in how we are managing the Pandemic. As a people we can restore to ourselves mauri ora and wellbeing for the earth and generations to come.
We will host our first hybrid conference (in person and on zoom). We can assure this conference will proceed, regardless of any changing covid traffic light levels.
We warmly invite you, or any of your colleagues to attend or to present, either in person or virtually. Presenters receive a reduced rate conference registration.
We encourage you to take the conference theme; Tihei Mauri Ora and reflect it in your presentation.
Some of the abstract topics we currently have are:
- Tihei Wā Mauri Ora! Indigenous resource
- Te Whare Mauri Ora - Bicultural Wellbeing Model
- Addressing the Elephant in the room: Counsellor bias, cultural contexts working with Indian clients
- Practitioners’ Knowledge and Understanding of Acquired Brain Injury in the Context of Intimate Partner Violence in New Zealand
- Gaming culture: a creative way of connecting youth in therapy
- COVID-19: Secondary school counsellors’ experiences and strategies in the 2021 Auckland lockdown
- Pain and Power: Supporting resilience and posttraumatic growth in clients who have survived childhood sexual abuse.
Some requested topics are:
- Avoiding burn out in health professions: Considering current practice and societal contexts
- Decolonising conversations
- Advanced trauma counselling
- Working with bulimia
- Couples therapy: Being even handed
- Family systems presentations
- Supporting young people with eco anxiety.
If you would like to present, please email PD manager for an abstract form to email@example.com
The conference working party will respond in early April.
Conference website and ticket registrations will be available in April.